Copyright, Usage Rights & Licensing
Electronic Component Software
The following defines the Copyright Notice and usage for our products containing software.
The complete contents of our electronic devices, software, and diagrams are protected by intellectual property law, including international copyright and trademark laws. The owner of the copyrights and/or trademarks is Chris Sgaraglino. No software used in any electronic projects is Open-Source.
Additionally, you do not own rights to any article, book, ebook, document, blog post, software, application, diagram, graphics, photos, video, training, recording, or other materials viewed or listened to through or from our website, social site, online community, email or by way of protected groups or membership sites. Posting information from our website, such as a blog or comment, does not alter this fact or give you any right to the code explicitly stated.
YOU MAY NOT COPY, REPRODUCE, REMIX, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS, UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR IN ANY WAY EXPLOIT ANY SOFTWARE OR CODE, NOR MAY YOU DISTRIBUTE ANY PART OF THE SOFTWARE OVER ANY NETWORK, INCLUDING A LOCAL AREA NETWORK, SELL OR OFFER IT FOR SALE, OR USE SUCH SOFTWARE TO CONSTRUCT ANY KIND OF BUSINESS. YOU MAY NOT ALTER OR REMOVE ANY COPYRIGHT OR OTHER NOTICE FROM COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE.
You are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the software in our products for private, personal, noncommercial uses. You may print or download portions of code from different areas of our website exclusively for your personal use. Furthermore, you agree not to modify or remove copyright or proprietary notices from the software you print or download.
As a user of Chris Sgaraglino electronic products, you agree to use the products in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. You understand that electricity is dangerous, and in no event shall Chris Sgaraglino be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence, or another tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the projects, kits, code, designs, schematics, etc., or the contents of this website. Chris Sgaraglino reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents without prior notice.
By using any content, project, kit, or product, you fully understand that electricity can be dangerous if it is not used correctly. Therefore, by using this site and its products, assume full responsibility, are aware of this danger, and are completely well-versed in using electricity correctly to avoid fatal and non-fatal accidents.
Photos and Videos
If you want to use one or more of my photos, you may have found online they are licensed in one of two forms, “All Rights Reserved” or “Creative Commons.” All works, by default, fall under “All rights reserved” unless specifically noted as “Creative Commons”. If you want to use an image for a non-commercial purpose, you are welcome to do so under the “Creative Commons” guidelines listed below. If you need a higher-resolution version, please feel free to email me, and I’ll send one to you ASAP.
All Rights Reserved
Unless noted otherwise, all works by Chris Sgaraglino are the exclusive property of Chris Sgaraglino and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws. The works may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted, or manipulated without the written permission of Chris Sgaraglino. These copyright laws impose substantial penalties for infringement, and violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
The use of any works or other materials included herein, in whole or in part, for any purpose other than the private purpose of viewing them online, including, but not limited to, copying, reproduction, publication (including on Internet Web Site including third party web pages by any means, including “hotlinking“, storage in a retrieval system (other than internet browser), manipulation (digital or otherwise), or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, is expressly prohibited without the written permission of Chris Sgaraglino. All artistic and moral rights of the author are hereby asserted.
Fair Use Statement
If you are using any of my works under Section 107 of the US Copyright Act, I ask that all usage be works of commentary, criticism, research, teaching, or news reporting as defined by Section 107. At the minimum, please let me know what works you will be using, their purpose, and where they will be published by emailing email@example.com. I also ask that, if at all possible, you attribute my work as outlined below in Creative Commons / Attribution.
All Creative Commons Work
This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit “ChrisSgaraglino.com” and license your new creations under identical terms.
YOU ARE FREE:
- to Share — to copy, print, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in one of the following ways:
(but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work)
- Photo by: ChrisSgaraglino.com
- Video by: ChrisSgaraglino.com
- Photography by: ChrisSgaraglino.com
- Cinematography by: ChrisSgaraglino.com
- Please make attribution linkable to: www.chrissgaraglino.com or a link back to the original source of the work.
- IPTC Data — You may not strip, edit or alter any IPTC Data without written permission.
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
Any additional inquiries regarding usage rights may be directed to Chris Sgaraglino by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exceptions including commercial use, to the above licensing, may be granted in writing only.
Updated: Apr 23, 2023